The Swaziland National Refrigeration Association was formed at a training workshop for refrigeration technicians held from the 22nd to 26th August 2011 at MITC, Manzini. The training had been held to build capacity of refrigeration technicians to uphold good refrigeration practices in the country. During the training, the concept of forming a refrigeration constitution was introduced. The need to form the association was highlighted and reasons cited were that the association would be of major assistance to technicians when carrying out their day to day work. Other reasons put forward were that it would help;
• Organize the profession of refrigeration;
• Assist the National Ozone Unit in data collection in the refrigeration sector;
• Raise awareness of their members on the harmful effects of refrigeration ODS on human health and the environment;
• Strengthen the capacity of refrigeration sector to Reduce Emission and consumption of ODS;
• Participate in the implementation of policies, strategies, programs and projects for the implementation of the Montreal Protocol.